Marketing Coordinator, Trade Marketing - News Group
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Sales Collateral and Materials: Work with Manager in creating, developing and managing the portfolio sales materials for all properties: sales presentations (base and customized), sales videos, one-sheets, creative assets, online media kit, email blasts, etc.Internal Communication/Facilitation: Support the Manager on inbound marketing requests across the portfolio and liaise with all appropriate internal groups (Creative Partnerships, Consumer/Trade Marketing, Research, etc.) to facilitate seamless, efficient and transparent communication.Results, Reporting and Renewals: Support pre/post-sell process (e.g., support team in building collateral during the pre-sell process to working on recap presentations for the post-sell process). Work collaboratively with counterparts across Sales to refine and enhance ad sales communication for the News vertical as well as across the NBCU Portfolio.Project and Event Management: Assist team in the planning and execution of client events and experiences (e.g., attendee list management, development of print and digital collateral, on-site execution, post-event analytics and recap)
The Marketing Coordinator position is responsible for working with key NBCUniversal News stakeholders, internally and externally, to market and increase national sales of the television properties of the NBC News division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work at the office in New York, NY.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• At least 6 months or 1-2 internships with an agency, client or media company sales organization background preferred, where the individual was responsible for supporting team in the development of presentations, sponsorship, creative and promotion
• General understanding of advertising marketplace across various platforms
• Experience in media marketing and the advertising sales process
• Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., the ability to interact with all levels of management)
• Strong organizational, project & event management skills
• A positive attitude and the ability to work/communicate effectively with different constituents
• A detail-oriented individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Highly innovative with positive energy
• Familiarity with both Quantitative and Qualitative research tools – the standard media measurement tools and research (Nielsen, Mendelsohn, MRI, Simmons, CMR, IAG, IMMI, Keller Faye, simultaneous platform use, digital and social media measurement, custom studies, etc.) and ability to derive insights and craft sales stories based on relevant data
• Excellent oral and written skills
• A comprehensive understanding of the suite of Microsoft Office tools, other presentation platforms, etc. (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator experience is preferred)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.