Manager, Marketing Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Collaborate with research and analytics teams to develop competitive consumer marketing strategies that align with brand values. Uncover rich consumer, cultural and competitive insights and translate them into fresh, marketing communication strategies.Understand market dynamics, cross-platform competition and emerging products and distill them as appropriate into consumption and acquisition marketing strategies Assist in the development and execution of the digital strategy for all News and MSNBC marketing initiativesIntegrate qualitative and quantitative research to build and evolve consumer profiles in order to precisely capture consumer lifestyle, mindsets, behaviors and insights.
NBC News & MSNBC is looking for a talented Marketing Strategist, with Brand Planning and strong Digital Strategy skills, to work closely with research and marketing brand leaders to develop and execute 360 degree marketing strategies; ensuring NBC News and MSNBC are influential news destinations, across broadcast, cable, and digital platforms.
• 5+ years’ experience in Strategic Planning, Communication Strategy, Marketing or Marketing Analytics
• Well-versed in multiple channels including digital, social and mobile
• An understanding of analytics and leveraging data, online behavioral data, social data and 3rd party data partnerships to build strategically targeted messages
• An ability to simplify and clarify complex concepts
• Experience with leading and directing vendor/agency relationships and defining their scope of work, deliverables, budget, and timelines
• Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in NYC
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.