- Full Time
Senior Publicist—Sounds True
New York City
Sounds True, a leading multimedia publisher in the mind/body/spirit category, seeks a highly motivated senior publicist with a record of delivering vibrant, creative, high-impact publicity campaigns. This position is based in New York City.
- Plan and execute dynamic publicity campaigns for 20+ books per year
- Pitch and secure top national and local media, including print, television, radio, and online
- Write compelling press materials, pitch letters, and other promotional materials
- Actively develop and maintain media relationships across all levels—national, regional, local, and online
- Coordinate author tours and speaking engagements
- Work and collaborate closely with the marketing, sales, and editorial teams
- Participate in sales meetings and provide feedback to all divisions
- A minimum of 4 years of prior work experience in book publicity, preferably in the mind/body/spirit category
- Exceptional writing, organizational, and communication skills
- A proven ability to develop creative pitch angles
- An ability to quickly understand the target audience
- Deep knowledge of diverse media outlets
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to set priorities
- Excellent skills working both independently and collaboratively with a team
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, along with your salary requirements.
Sounds True is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. For more details, visit SoundsTrue.com.