Editorial Intern - Well+Good
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for an Editorial Intern to join our team in our New York office.
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories
A typical day as an Editorial Intern might include:
- Contribute to the site, pitching and writing articles about healthy food, clean beauty, fitness, holistic health, and more.
- Assist the editors on a variety of tasks (including transcribing interviews and returning samples, among other responsibilities).
You’ll be successful if you are highly organized, have a can-do attitude, and you are passionate about learning and growing within the digital publishing industry.
What You Have:
- Available to work 10 hours/week in our New York City office
- Passion about wellness
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints
- Talent for anticipating needs
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional telephone etiquette
- Adept at general administrative tasks like data entry and word processing
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Must be proficient with Google Sheets, Docs, and Calendar
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats—no task being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsible; a pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Paid Internship
- Cool office environment and culture
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Free Parking
- Most importantly, hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- Leaf Group is Built In LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Leaf Group is Comparabsly's 2018 Best Company Los Angeles Award and 2017 Best Company for Diversity Award
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.