Variety: Editorial Assistant
- Full Time
Variety: Editorial Assistant
Variety’s Dirt.com is hiring a talented and dynamic Editorial Assistant to join the newly formed team in our Los Angeles headquarters. Dirt.com is Variety’s voyeuristic, tongue-in-cheek peek into the oft-clandestine real estate transactions of high-profile and/or high-net worth people across a broad spectrum of industries and professions. Our exhaustive real estate coverage spans a wide range of locations and architectural styles — from midcentury moderns to monstrous mega mansions, there’s something for every real estate lover around the globe.
- Handle all email requests, routing to the appropriate person
- Pitch, write and produce material, as needed
- Assist the editors in various administrative duties as requested
- Review and direct incoming PR emails accordingly
- Spearhead production of photo galleries
- Research industry information, as needed
- Manage Dirt.com’s suite of social media accounts and grow social referrals and monitor monthly goals on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and jump in on projects, as needed
- Knowledge of social media analytics metrics and tools
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion and knowledge of real estate/architecture and/or luxury space
Recognized and respected throughout the world as the definitive voice of the entertainment industry, Variety has been the premier source of entertainment news for over a century. Since 1905, the most influential leaders and decision makers in entertainment have turned to Variety for timely, credible and straightforward news, analysis and perspective — taking our readers behind the cameras, curtains and screens of film, television, theatre and digital media with our unique, award-winning combination of breaking news reporting, insightful deep dive think pieces and engaging, must-read feature spotlights. Variety’s commitment to our community- covering its successes and failures in equal measure- is unparalleled both domestically, in our US entertainment capitals, and abroad, across the rapidly changing international entertainment landscape. Variety’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information services company founded in 2003.
PMC is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.