Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Account Specialist has a commanding role within the company and collaborates with customers, the sales team, and other internal stakeholders in the accurate preparation of contracts for online research and educational products. The outcome is to deliver world class service to both internal and external customers. The Account Specialist role is empowered through professional and personal development training.
- Provide sales team with customer information, like usage stats and entitlements, using Market Intelligence resources and systems
- Prepare renewals and planning (i.e. calculate journals licenses, calculate eBook quotes) while managing and updating renewal tracking tool for reporting and guidance to Sales Team (i.e. report on renewal status, workflows)
- Prepare (in CRM/ERP system) the quote and contract to trigger invoicing
- Be the first point of contact for our customers with regards to contract execution
- Coordinate all customer correspondence and agreements within assigned international region
- Proactively communicate with customer, align new contract terms & agreed fees and obtain the customer signed license
- Manage customer requests in the assigned international region and provide assistance on daily operations (i.e. engage with customers in order to enhance customer data quality, answer questions connected to contract data, or invoicing data)
- Stay in close contact with subscription agents to pursue deals (i.e. to obtain purchase orders, solve order queries, provide journal title lists for invoicing from agent to end customer)
- Provide feedback to improve sales and support workflows (in systems) to work more effective and efficient
- Have excellent knowledge of (SAP) CRM system and safeguard data quality in CRM
- Monitor and improve performance on key indicators
- Generate reports and analysis on renewal sales progress for assigned region
- Active participation in stakeholder and team meetings aimed at continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- Collaborate and provide organizational support to the Account Managers and Sales Directors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level with commercial interest
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in using multiple systems
- Good computer skills, Proficiency with MS-Office-Suite, particularly MS Excel
- Knowledge of (SAP) CRM (customer relationship management) & contracting system
- Willingness to train on and work with other in-house data tools
- Time and Project management experience
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.