SheKnows.com: Entertainment Editor
- Full Time
SheKnows.com: Entertainment Editor
SHE Media is looking for an entertainment editor to join our team in New York, overseeing all entertainment coverage on SheKnows.com. This person will be responsible for publishing a high volume of daily news posts and features, managing a stable of quality contributors, and securing timely, exclusive access to talent.
The ideal candidate should have a healthy roster of connections in the entertainment space, experience supervising writers and junior editors, superb organizational and communication skills, and a passion for creating original, engaging celebrity content that resonates with an audience of moms and women in general. Success in this role requires a deep knowledge of and genuine enthusiasm for the celebrities, movies, TV shows, events and other topics we cover at SheKnows.
- Own all aspects of the entertainment category on SheKnows.com
- Oversee production of approximately 12-15 posts per day (a mix of writing and assigning/editing content to both staff and freelance contributors)
- Manage the entertainment calendar, budget, feature pitches and daily workflow
- Attend events and conduct in-person interviews on behalf of SheKnows
- Monitor traffic and strategize/pivot accordingly to meet aggressive traffic goals
- Help drive the larger vision for the entertainment vertical and develop a strong voice and identity for the brand
- Collaborate with social media editor, designers, video team and other internal departments
The Fine Print
- 3-5+ years’ experience producing high-performing, high-quality entertainment content at a major publication
- An obsession with celebrity and entertainment news
- The ability to react to trending news quickly and package stories in a way that feels original, on-brand and tailored to our audience
- A deep understanding of digital strategy, analytics and SEO, and a mastery of how to write a clicky headline without resorting to clickbait
- A network of exceptional writers and a strong roster of industry contacts
- Experience with developing the skills of contributors, including freelance writers and junior staff editors
- An ability to thrive in high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and work both independently and collaboratively
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale. SheKnows’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.