Sourcing Journal: Features Editor
- Full Time
Sourcing Journal: Features Editor
Sourcing Journal is in search of a self-motivated Features Editor to manage features and special reporting. Reporting to the president, the features editor will supervise the long-lead pieces on behalf of the publication.
A strong preference will be given to candidates with both online and content management experience, especially in apparel, footwear, retail or consumer packaged goods. We are seeking 5+ years of experience. The ideal candidate will be an editor who has successfully taken on increasing responsibility in his/her career such as managing special projects, special publications or columns.
Candidates must be organized and process driven, work well in a fast-paced environment and be flexible with a sharp eye for what makes a good story.
- Write and assign feature pieces, balancing the needs of the publication’s core readership with the high traffic potential of the subject matter; manage editorial deadlines and traffic content
- Work with staff writers and editors to develop content into pieces that differentiate the publication, offer insight to readers and value to SJ subscribers
- Develop story packages with a variety of content, including copy, photos, galleries, video, infographics and data visualizations, re-circulation links, SEO best practices, etc.
- Monitor site analytics to determine the most engaging topics and story angles
- Manage content flow and edit all features
- Coordinate with SJ’s news editor to create synergies between both long-lead and short-lead pieces
- Develop new editorial products and verticals to address emerging topics and business opportunities
- Develop, assign and edit evergreen content
- Attend events on behalf of the company or editorial director, as needed
Please apply with your resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and 3-5 relevant clips/links to both short and long form content for review.
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC, is a growing, dynamic company with interests that span print, online, podcasts and live events. The daily publication goes behind the curtain of the fashion industry, revealing how the mainstream news headlines, economy, environment, technology and government affect what ends up on the racks. Our industry readers, fans and followers use our expert commentary, in-depth analysis, insightful research and timely news reports to help them navigate this challenging, exciting industry. Sourcing Journal’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is the leading digital media company behind WWD, Rolling Stone, Variety and Hollywood Life.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.