SPY: Managing Editor
- Full Time
SPY: Managing Editor
We are recruiting for a managing editor to join SPY.com, Penske Media Corporation’s product review website covering gadgets, men’s style, grooming, health/fitness gear, and more. Candidates must have experience managing a team, along with a track record of being awesome. They must be a savvy top editor with a strong knowledge of SEO, and a love for all types of product content.
This person will also be integral in handling day-to-day operations including receiving and tracking freelance invoices, assigning and scheduling content for the website and newsletter, managing the monthly budget, and ensuring affiliate best practices are met.
- Oversee day-to-day execution of the editorial content strategy (assignments, planning, deadlines, and editing).
- Manage a team of in-house and freelance writers/editors and recruit additional editorial talent to expand contributor pool.
- Lead editorial pitch meetings approving content in line with SPY’s editorial vision.
- Monitor traffic and revenue analytics to make sure the team is hitting big-picture traffic goals and help the team prioritize updating top-performing content.
- Grow audience across multiple distribution channels (search, social, newsletter)
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with a focus on top-editing and assigning content, preferably for a men’s lifestyle or e-commerce website.
- Proven ability to manage hectic daily content deadlines.
- A passion for digital media and well-versed in a content management system.
- Should have a collaborative spirit and be energetic and approachable, whether in person or on email.
- Well versed in Google Analytics (and you’re not afraid to use it).
Spy.com is a daily destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, quality and discerning products and experiences from around the world. Then we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday luxuries and secret gems.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.