- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 New Jersey is looking for a self-starter who can take the lead on enterprising original news content. You must have the ability to clearly communicate, and pitch strong story ideas in a concise way. A working understanding of newsroom logistics is a must. The ideal candidate will be a strong player in station special projects planning. We’re not looking for someone who is just going to pitch press releases… But WE ARE looking for someone excited about joining a team that has close ties to the community is serves.
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Journalism preferred
• Two years of experience in medium or large market newsroom preferred
• Must have a commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy with an enthusiasm for local news
• Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.