The Director, Platform Operations will be part of the Performance & Reliability team supporting ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Director will oversee an Operations team that will be responsible for ensuring the availability of all systems and tools used to support the operation of the direct-to-consumer platform. Responsibilities Responsible for 24x7x365 Incident Management, including working with the Digital Operations Center to manage incidentsDefine and support tools for managing on-call schedules, escalation matrices, and documentation of incidents through to RCAEnsure that incidents are properly handed off to the Problem Management team and that steps are taking to prevent further recurrencesOwnership of the Change Management process, including scheduling and approval of all software and system deployments and upgrades and management and notifications of any platform change freezesOversee support of all ticketing and monitoring systems utilized by delivery and operations teams, including working with other departments to ensure that required systems integrations are operationalBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years management experience
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in digital operations or a similar field
- Expertise in change and incident management with an understanding of deploying to, and operating in, the cloud
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience in digital media or direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
- Expertise in designing highly-available fault-tolerant software
- Passionate about leading a team of engineers committed to ensuring 99.999% availability
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.