As the publisher of both Inc. and Fast Company, Mansueto Ventures is home to two of the most iconic and vibrant brands in the world of business publications. Every day, the content, awards, and events we produce help entrepreneurs and innovators succeed. All provide useful insights, spark essential conversations, and provide much-needed inspiration.
Inc. is the voice of the American entrepreneur. We inspire, inform, and document the most fascinating people in business: the risk-takers, the innovators, and the ultra-driven go-getters that represent the most dynamic force in the American economy.
Fast Company is the world’s leading business media brand, with an editorial focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world-changing ideas, creativity, and design. Written for and about the most progressive business leaders, Fast Company inspires readers to think expansively, lead with purpose, embrace change, and shape the future of business.
Just as Inc. and Fast Company pride themselves on advocating progressive and innovative business practices, all of us at MV are determined to walk the talk. We strive to be a transparent, dynamic, and responsible organization that gives all of its employees a meaningful role in helping to shape what we do and how we do it.
About the Role
MV Entertainment is looking for a senior producer with at least 5+ years experience in the video production field. This is a great opportunity to work with an award-winning digital video team on two exciting media brands. The position will oversee a team of producers and associate producers creating a diverse range of original digital content.
What You’ll Be Doing
Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with extremely strong organizational skills and superb creative storytelling skills. This person will work with the director of video strategy to ensure that all videos fulfill the editorial vision and overall goals for each brand. Duties also include generating story ideas, booking and executing shoots, and working closely with the managing producer to ensure the team adheres to the publishing schedule.
What We’re Looking For
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal/written communication and teamwork skills.
- Passion for creating sharp, compelling digital content covering the world of business, news, tech, design, and entertainment.
- Solid editorial judgment, with the ability to recognize impactful stories with great potential.
- Provide editorial guidance to the producers, helping to develop story angles, oversee the scripting process, and give notes on videos.
- An understanding of developing content for a variety of platforms (on our website, YouTube, social media).
- Expert in field producing and post-producing and the ability to manage creatively and effectively is a must. Background in journalism a plus.
- Ability to shoot and light basic interview setups.
- Understanding of field and post-production equipment and programs (Canon 5DMKIII, Canon C100/300, Adobe Suite).
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish, have a razor-sharp eye for details, and boast strong managerial and organizational instincts.
- Ensure the production, editorial, and technical quality of all videos meet the company’s standards.
How to Apply
To be considered, candidates must submit examples of their work, along with a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and what makes them qualified for this position.
This is a full-time, contract position based in New York City.
Mansueto Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.