- Full Time
Waste Dive seeks an experienced reporter who can lead our coverage of the waste and recycling industry. This will include everything from breaking news briefs to in-depth features that analyze the trends and issues affecting private and public sector professionals. You will own your beat by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders, monitoring legal and regulatory developments, pitching original stories and reporting from the field. Travel may include conferences, facility tours, government meetings or other events.
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record reporting and writing environmental business stories, preferably in the waste and recycling industry.
- An interest in issues that affect the sector, including but not limited to industry consolidation, changing business models for recycling, organic waste processing technologies, the economics of waste disposal and employee safety.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source building.
- An aptitude for shaping business news stories, including through the use of public filings or source documents.
- Experience writing web headlines and copy editing content.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills
- The ability to build an audience on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of our work.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience level: 5+ years at a minimum with at least 2 years of waste/recycling or environmental coverage.
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
Industry Dive will not be able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.