Inside Sales Representative - Cox Business
- Full Time
SUMMARY The Cox Business Inside Sales Representative (Retail) sells telephony, data, wireless, and video solutions to new and existing small-medium business customers (generally with fewer than 20 employees). Example products may include data solutions (Internet access), VoIP solutions (Hosted IP voice), and software-as-a-service. Responds to inbound client-initiated telephone or email inquiries regarding local or national marketing promotions for new and/or additional Cox Business services. Makes outbound telephone calls to increase account penetration. Follows-up, prepares service proposals, and oversees the sale through to the signing of a contract. Ensures that customers understand the operating requirements of purchased products. Promotes and executes current marketing campaigns. Prospects for new clients and makes initial contact by cold-calling on the phone or by responding to leads from online sales channel.
The position works independently with little supervision and is expected to meet or exceed corporate/regional sales goals in a goal-driven, sales organization. There is pressure to grow revenue quickly to achieve corporate revenue goals. Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry. Spends most of the work time speaking on the telephone with customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take incoming calls or originate outgoing calls for 7.5 hours per day. Will also respond to online prospect inquiries from the web channel. Calls are routed via ACD and reps have limited control over the pace of work pace or how work fluctuates. Work is structured, measured and monitored. At least half of their work is generated by Marketing promotions, e.g., direct mail, online, etc.
The position works seated at a desk in front of a computer and on the phone most of the time. Works in a cubicle at a desk in Cox offices. In a clean, heated and cooled, well-lit, and quiet environment except for the sound of one-sided conversations with customers and consultation between staff members.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Sells telephony (e.g., business phone services, toll-free services), data, and video services that meet customers’ needs (solution selling) in response to promotional pricing campaigns for customers who require solutions simple enough that the sale can be closed over the phone.
- Makes outbound calls to existing customers to upsell additional products and services and to prospective customers to learn about their business needs and try to interest them in Cox Business products and services by explaining the benefits of doing business with Cox Business.
- Handles customer renewals, as they arise.
- Listens to and questions customers in order to understand their needs.
- Develops proposals and delivers presentations to new clients based on their business needs.
- Negotiates pricing, service level, and terms/conditions with clients.
- Determines serviceability of client location and whether construction is required; if so, obtains construction estimate and uses market’s software to test IRR of proposed services.
- Works with Sales Engineer (or Data Sales Engineer) and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions and address any issues regarding installation or service.
- Performs ROI assessment to determine if a sale is profitable, and forwards as appropriate, to Manager of Inside for approval.
- Up-sells bundled telephony, data, and video, as well as other Cox Business products to current customers.
- Makes follow-up calls to qualify prospects and request the return of signed contracts.
- Educates customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
- Inputs and updates all required client information in Optix (sales funnel/order generation) in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensures product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Qualifies and dispositions opportunities. Passes contact information for a client or prospect to the appropriate representative if the client is too large and/or requires more complex service solutions.
- Maintains client satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Develops alternate lead sources and solicits referrals from customers.
- Works with Sales Support Administration to complete sales orders.
- Remains current on technical information regarding Cox Business’s services/solutions, including telephony, data, wireless, and video services and offerings, Customer Premises Equipment (CPE), networking, consultation, negotiation, and sales skills through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Attends job-related training that may include refresher training and service updates.
- Provides customer intelligence and feedback to the Marketing Department.
- Work involves multitasking and handling multiple tasks simultaneously: listening, answering questions, viewing multiple windows and order entry.
- Spends most of the work time speaking on the telephone with customers. Limited physical mobility; sit at their positions and take incoming calls or originate outgoing calls for 7.5 hours per day.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience;
- 5 or more year of experience preferred in related field
- Requires 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, customer service orientation, high impact communication, multi-tasking, PC skill, quality orientation, reasoning, sales aptitude, and tolerance for a structured wook environment in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly desired
- 1-year experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
- 6 months experience selling telecommunications products/services
- 2 years experience selling by telephone
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.