- Full Time
WMTW-TV, Hearst Television's ABC affiliate in Portland, Maine is looking for a highly-creative Promotion Writer Producer. This person will write, produce, shoot, edit and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of community event promotions, street team events, station campaigns, and marketing projects. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion for all platforms that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you can think outside the box and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
- Produce, write, shoot, edit and post compelling on-air promos and image campaigns from start to finish that generate viewer interest to increase the brand awareness and ratings for all broadcast, digital and multi-cast platforms.
- Organizing, overseeing and executing projects from concept through delivery. Collaborating with on-air talent, announcers and production teams.
- Create, update and enhance station image, inventory and entertainment promos with use of internal and template-based graphics.
- Participate in community outreach and street team branding station events.
- Hands-on editing and strong understanding of media management in non-linear environment.
- Contribute and brainstorm across all departments.
- Promo topical writer/producer level experience preferred.
- Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop a must.
- Related military experience will be considered
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong, demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational teases.
- Competency in operating camera, lighting and sound.
- Well organized team player, highly motivated that works well under extreme deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.