Science Video Production Specialist
- Full Time
Addgene is a thriving, nonprofit organization that facilitates biomedical research and discovery. Addgene assists scientists by archiving their plasmid DNA samples and distributing these samples to researchers who need them for future experiments. Broad availability of these unique research materials promotes both the progress of research and Addgene’s mission to increase collaboration in the scientific community.
We are currently seeking a Science Video Production Specialist who will join our Outreach & Marketing Team to produce video content to facilitate inbound marketing efforts, increasing awareness and engagement with the scientific community through our YouTube and social media channels.
Addgene is a dynamic and collaborative workplace. Our energetic team is dedicated to making a difference within the organization and in the larger scientific community. We support team building activities outside of work, including volunteer projects, social gatherings, and sporting events. This is a terrific opportunity to become part of a growing nonprofit and to contribute to an important resource for the scientific community
As a Science Video Production Specialist, you will:
- Develop and produce video content to support marketing and communications objectives, including scriptwriting, filming, video editing, audio editing, and promotion of video content
- Spearhead and develop initiatives like the How-To Tutorials, Lab Protocols, and whiteboard videos explaining scientific concepts (collaborating with the Viral Vector and Scientist Teams)
- Create engaging video content for social media campaigns including animations and gifs
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of various video strategies
- Assist in other media-based projects with various Addgene Teams such as recording company meetings for internal distribution and scientific presentations for external distribution
- Assist with other marketing projects such as newsletters, blog posts, and editing written content for the blog and website, as needed
- Create and edit protocol web pages to accompany video protocols
Candidates should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized individuals who want to be a part of Addgene’s mission. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years related experience. In depth-knowledge of biology (ex: biology courses, lab experience)
- Experience executing biology protocols in the lab OR working with scientists in a video production role
- Experience in using video for social media marketing
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro or Premiere
- Experience with animation software such as After Effects
- Experience in design applications like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in HTML and web editing is desirable, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excited about cross-team collaborations
The Science Video Production Specialist will be based at Addgene’s headquarters in Watertown, MA.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and links to your reel or other work samples (YouTube, vimeo, website, etc.). Only applications including both a cover letter, resume, and work samples will be considered.
Apply for Science Video Production Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly