Digital and Integrated Advertising Sales Manager
- Full Time
Want to help tell the story of New York City to the world?
At NYC & Company, that’s both our mission and our privilege. As the official destination marketing organization for the five boroughs of New York City, we work to encourage visitation to NYC through our Webby Award–winning site, NYCgo.com, along with our social channels, programs like NYC Restaurant Week® and NYC Broadway WeekSM and tourism campaigns that span the globe. Our team reflects the passionate, diverse and dynamic city we represent—a group of enthusiasts who share a love of all things NYC.
The Digital and Integrated Advertising Sales Manager is part of NYC & Company’s Digital and Media Department and will be responsible for selling integrated advertising packages to potential advertisers who are interested in targeting visitors and locals while they are in their planning stages or once they are in market. S/he will develop and execute integrated, strategic packages that include a variety of elements including display, sponsored content, sponsorships, social media, kiosks and out-of-home media. Key advertising categories include Broadway, Attractions, Arts and Culture, Shopping and Dining. Responsibilities include but are not limited to identifying and closing opportunities for new business, securing renewals for existing business, development of strategic integrated proposals, day-to-day account servicing, and monitoring of campaign delivery, performance and viewability. Reporting to the VP of Digital Strategy and Partnerships, this person will work across the organization to help grow digital advertising revenue.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of proven integrated digital advertising sales experience.
- Achieve/exceed established sales targets
- Identify and secure opportunities for new business
- Secure account renewals
- Work across the organization to develop strategic, integrated proposals
- Optimize existing inventory usage to maximize revenue
- Day-to-day account servicing and upselling
- Monitoring and reporting of campaign delivery, performance and viewability
- Collaborating with other departments including membership, marketing, editorial, social and product
- Monthly client billing
- Development of weekly, monthly quarterly sales reports
- Utilize CRM tool for record keeping and account information sharing
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Serve as internal advertising evangelist and subject matter expert
- Help manage digital ad operations agency relationship
- Stay abreast of industry trends
- 3-5 years of proven integrated digital sales experience
- Poise, maturity and enthusiasm needed to effectively represent our Company and New York City
- Consultative selling experience
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Strong understanding of digital advertising and web metrics
- Experience as a relationship builder
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Understanding of Operative and DFP
- Self-starter who can develop and execute integrated sales plans
- Power user of power point and excel
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Passion for New York City
- Hospitality/Tourism experience a plus
About Our Company
NYC & Company is the official marketing, tourism and partnership organization for the City of New York, dedicated to maximizing travel and tourism opportunities throughout the five boroughs, building economic prosperity and spreading the positive image of New York City worldwide. NYCgo.com is the official website of New York City reaching visitors when in their trip-planning stages and making sure they experience all that the City should offer during their trips. NYCgo.com is also the home of key marketing programs including NYC Restaurant Week, Broadway Week and more.