Senior Producer – CBS This Morning – Washington DC
- Full Time
The Washington-based Senior Producer for CBS This Morning (CTM) will be responsible for all coverage originating out of the nation’s capital and will be the broadcast’s primary liaison to CBS News’ Washington Bureau. The role is heavily editorial and requires quick and clear decision-making on a daily basis. The individual will communicate regularly with the NY-based staff to make sure the show is properly covered across the Washington-based beats. Strong communication and leadership skills are vital to the role.
The Senior Producer will manage a team of show-specific staff while regularly coordinating with all facets of the Washington Bureau to ensure CTM needs are being met and anticipated. Regular communication with on-air talent is a critical part of the job, ensuring that CBS News reporting is maximized across all CTM platforms.
The Senior Producer will be expected to contribute regularly to the creative process of the show, generating ideas for original content on both news-of-day and longer term projects. The individual will be responsible for both script editing / approval and the screening of pieces as well as coverage planning for major Washington-based events and remotes.
* Minimum 10 years’ experience as a producer on a news program
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior-level role including management experience in a newsroom
* Ability to recognize stories with a high potential of producing compelling television; deep knowledge of politics and current events
* Exceptional understanding of broadcast and video production
* Exceptional writing, organizational, time-management, and planning skills
* Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require, and to travel when necessary
* Demonstrated ability to make editorial decisions under pressure and oversee all aspects of production
Apply via the CBS Careers website via the link provided. Job requisition 35023.