Director, Strategic Planning
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Analyze and approve Linear & Digital upfront and scatter media plans based on mix, inventory, pricing, internal goals, and client objectivesProvide pricing and inventory mix guidance to AEs and planners during plan building and agency negotiations. Analyze estimates and CPMs in order to provide strategic direction on building rate cards for cable and broadcast networks. Help manage individual Sport P&L’s in order to achieve budgeted goals. Oversee managers who are in charge of pre and post sales analysis, makegood/preemption analysis, commercial unit allocations, branding, flighting, moves, mass move schedule changes, invoice adjustments and all planning process elements Communicate and work closely with the Account Executives, Sales Planners, Account Service Representatives, Sales Operations, Research, Finance and Programming in all aspects of Sports Ad sales yield management processes. Manage and oversee linear liability and digital risk, while coming up with creative solutions to ensure delivery of ad campaignsSupervise Sales Planners & Account Service Representatives by providing necessary guidance for new hires/current employees to execute designated responsibilities Knowledge of linear and digital Sports marketplace including working with partners like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat
Drive Inventory Yield for all NBC Sports properties. Provide Senior Planning and Sales Management updates/ recommendations to reach goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum 5 years experience in media sales environment
• Previous experience with OnAir, and Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Prior experience in Planning Management preferred
• Excellent computer skills, demonstrated analytical ability and organizational/project management skills
• Knowledge of Nielsen rating system Network/cable ad sales traffic and/or planning knowledge is required.
• Knowledge of Operative One Digital order management system.
• Strong Excel skill necessary.
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge a plus.
• Proven ability to multi-task and provide creative solutions
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate/negotiate effectively with all levels within the organization
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven media environment
• Prior management experience
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.