VP, Data Technology & Strategy, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide leadership for the data delivery teams across matrix organization and manage a team of data engineers which will support the business’ daily requestsDecompose business needs and translate those needs into a platform solutionEnsure that the defined solutions deliver the stated business objectives and that the benefits are realized.Oversee the development and maintenance of an optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting by the businessProvide ongoing operational support related to the Direct to Consumer data ecosystem Ensure that technical propositions are always focused on meeting the business needs in terms of quality, reliability, availability, performance, security, scalability and cost effectiveness.Define common currency for data used globally (entities, schemas, etc.) and resolve and manage against competing needs between central standardization and geo-specific business demandsInterface with enterprise data and analytics teams to align with and influence data governance, data management, data platforms, and data integration frameworksEnforce relevant legal and compliance needs for all proposition geographies, balancing risk against integration complexityInterface with cybersecurity to establish data protection standards, and access policiesDefine data collection policy and requirements aligned to business objectives and product requirementsManage product partner relationships for all aspects of dataEnsure the governing architectural principals are carried forward through delivery phases
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Vice President of Data Technology and Strategy will be responsible for creating a connected data ecosystem that unleashes the power of our streaming data. We gather data from across all customer/prospect journeys in near real-time to allow fast feedback loops across DTC functions; combined with our strategic data platform, this data ecosystem is at the core of being able to make intelligent customer and business decisions. In addition, this role will partner with the SVP, Decision Sciences to develop and execute on a data-driven strategy for the DTC business.
The Vice President of Data Technology will dual report into both the SVP Decision Sciences DTC (primary) and the Head of Data Technology, DTC. This role is responsible for the delivery of architecture and design of large, complex cross functional data initiatives for DTC as well as managing a team of data engineers in charge of helping future business initiatives.
The successful candidate will need to be pragmatic and delivery focused. They will also need to be comfortable working with senior and demanding stakeholders in a fast-paced environment. In-depth knowledge and experience of Digital Data delivery solutions and architectures is essential to support the growing demand for solutions in that area, however, an excellent understanding of wider technology landscape is also an advantage.
Invariably, the individual will need to work with limited information and develop a clear technical architecture plan across multiple geo-distributed teams. Responsible for aligning with the business goals by defining and enforcing an end-to-end data platform, complete with associated standard policies, compliances, security practices, and technologies across the data infrastructure for globally supported digital products.
This individual will also need to be well versed in diplomatic skills as a large part of the role will require working with people from a diverse range of functions and with varying motivations and beliefs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience, with a specialization in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or another quantitative field a plus.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems public, private, and/or hybrid cloud environment, experience in Google Cloud Platform specifically
• Strong test-driven development background with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production
• Experience in building near real time/streaming/event-based and batch-based data pipelines in a resilient and scalable manner
• Programming skills in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, R, Python, SQL and experience in writing reusable/efficient code to automate analysis and data processes
• Experience in processing and integrating structured and unstructured data signals from a variety of sources such as ad tech, web/mobile clickstreams, and consumer devices, into a form suitable for analysis and reporting
• Experience in progressive data application development in large scale/highly distributed and federated environments using Spark, Kafka, etc., and multi-modal data platforms such as SQL, NoSQL, graph, etc.
• Data modeling and curation experience including operationalizing data science models and products (CI/CD, dev/data ops), a plus
• Strong Test-Driven Development background, with understanding of levels of testing required to continuously deliver value to production
• Working knowledge of data governance, data management (virtualization/replication), data wrangling, data profiling, and data quality processes, services, and tools
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.