Customer Service Representative (NBC & Telemundo Dallas)
Location: Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC 5 and Telemundo 39, an Owned Local NBCUniversal television duopoly in Dallas/Fort Worth, is looking for a CSR to assist our Local core sales team in Dallas/Fort Worth and our National Sales offices throughout the country. NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. This position will report to a Sales Director.
• Work closely with Local and National sales teams in all aspects of broadcast and digital ad sales.
• Regular duties include stewarding and reconciling advertisers' schedules, providing clients with any information on scheduling or programming changes, providing air times, helping with billing problems, sending promo materials as needed, writing up and processing sales orders and contracts, answering phones and maintaining up-to-date files.
• Miscellaneous tasks as needed.
• Will have extensive contact with direct local clients as well as advertising agencies in Dallas/Fort Worth and across the country
• Internal dialogue needed with all departments within NBCUniversal.
• Minimum 4 years of experience using MS Office
• Minimum 1 year experience in an administrative support role
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in the Fort Worth , TX Office south of DFW airport
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Bi-Lingual Spanish/English preferred
• Experience in a sales environment preferred
• Experience with Wide Orbit TV traffic system a plus
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize required
• Strong interpersonal skills/team oriented with a positive attitude required
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
• Solutionist focus with an ability to lead self and hold self 100% accountable required
• Creative thinker with a pioneering spirit in problem solving required
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment required
• Ad serving software and tracking knowledge a plus
• Superior phone skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• A strong work ethic with a client centric attitude required
• Working knowledge of digital sales (i.e. Online display banners and Mobile banner trafficking) preferred
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.