Senior Product Manager - Voice
- Full Time
Provides continuous and visible leadership for current product performance and future development and deployment plans; Accountable for and serves as an authority on all aspects of product portfolio's lifecycle including: launch, customer experience, financial and operating metrics, enhancement priorities and product roadmaps; Recognized as subject matter expert on a category of products; Leads cross-functional teams by example demonstrating passion and drive to satisfy customer needs and optimize customer experience through product innovation and/or improvements to internal organization, processes and technology; Synthesizes information to determine both current and future (years in advance) customer needs. Input into budget decision; commits resources to address/balance customer needs; Operates with extensive latitude for independent judgment within operational parameters; Negotiates critical and controversial issues with senior leadership on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results.; May be responsible for product portfolio roadmaps requiring multiple year plans; Develops, or provides guidance to develop, innovative solutions to highly complex and/or emerging technologies; Provides influence and leadership to cross-functional teams and other stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact industry and/or corporate results; Provides mentorship and guidance to team members and associates.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Accountable for the completion of product development and launch projects and achievement of business objectives through planning, budgeting, resourcing, and monitoring accuracy of work, etc. Ensures success through adequate resourcing of initiatives.
• Manage and review allocated budget and actual spend for product development and lifecycle activities.
• Serves as champion for product initiatives to obtain necessary cross-functional support and sponsorship. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
• Exhibits leadership with respect to project development, team interactions, business insights and product management. May generate business insights which guide product solutions.
• Identify customer expectations and unmet needs with product and services to innovate and create solutions that address gaps and enhance customer experience. Directs product features from ideation through deployment.
• Analyze customer, business and product performance metrics and interpret underlying drivers to translate into data-based recommendations.
• Develop a documented product vision which aligns with and/or enhances customer needs, market and competitive trends and corporate strategy.
• Develops product family strategic vision; translates vision into clear and defined business requirements to drive functional specifications and technical requirements.
• Drive the development of business cases which define the product value proposition to support product and services roadmap investments in collaboration with business partners.
• Direct the prioritization of product improvements and necessary resources across the product portfolio to optimize customer experience and strengthen financials.
• Facilitates communication amongst executive, peers and relevant department and cross-functional stakeholders to maintain alignment and awareness of current product state and vision.
• Create, sustain and optimize operational practices and procedures to drive efficiencies.
• Monitor developments within the industry, vendor community and technology trends in general to consider implications and benefits to customer expectations and product roadmaps.
• Is a recognized leader and authority in the organization in a broad product group or in a narrow but specialized product.
• Identifies and researches customer needs to further the organization's objectives. Directs investigations of areas of considerable novelty and importance for which precedents are lacking in areas critical to the overall product program.
• Is consulted by associates and others with a high degree of reliance placed on his/her interpretations and advice.
• Provides recommendations to management regarding facilities, personnel, and funds required to carry out product programs that are directly related with and directed towards fulfillment of overall organizational objectives.
Skills and Qualifications
•7 or more years of experience required in related field (e.g. Technology, Marketing, Process Improvement, etc.)
• 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• Demonstrate strong technical and market knowledge.
•BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
•Experience in telecommunications or high-tech environment
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.