- Full Time
Gamut, a subsidiary of Cox Media Group, is a solutions-based digital advertising organization focused on connecting brands to their most relevant consumers and communities, across all platforms. Gamut and its best-in-class OTT product, Gamut TOTAL, empower advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory, advanced fraud-free options and maximized campaign performance. Founded on a century of success laid down by our parent company Cox Enterprises, Gamut delivers effective advertising campaigns that combine over 20 years of experience in the digital space with data, insights and quality inventory.
The ideal Media Planner candidate will have a stellar attention to detail, multitasking skills and a data-driven mindset. The MP develops campaigns for clients that increase brand awareness and generate return on investment. The Planner must assess each client’s KPI’s and utilize all tools in Gamut’s product set to create a customized strategic approach. These products span all forms of digital media including digital video, audio, display, mobile, high impact, publisher direct and social channels. It is the MP’s responsibility to efficiently and accurately enter orders into the system, as well as make any necessary adjustments through the campaign life cycle. The MP will also work very closely with the AM team to produce quality, strategic and creative proposals for all of Gamut’s highly valued clientele. It is also paramount that the MP be able to prioritize tasks to ensure all plans are delivered, orders are entered, and campaigns are launched in a timely manner.
- Gather forecasts
- Build strategic, creative, custom proposals
- Enter orders into Wide Orbit Digital Hub
- Assess the needs of ops, billing and advertiser to decide on most appropriate and effective method of campaign entry
- Entry of relevant planning data into Salesforce to maintain activity tracking
- Generate and deliver accurate XML documents to the client in a timely manner
- Maintain tracking of “order links” that come through Prisma, ePort and other order transmission methods
- Maintain working knowledge of all Gamut systems (Freewheel, TTD, WODH, Optimus, Salesforce)
- Provide weekly activity reports to Media Planning management including number of IOs entered, RFPs worked on, margin analysis, etc.
- Publisher outreach to gather rates, specs and other relevant campaign info
- Inform planning portion of RFP decks in collaboration with SAMS
- Aggregate and organize creative specifications for media placements
- Maintain general campaign awareness
- Support a team of dynamic Strategic Account Managers and Account Executives
- Incorporate strategic, targeted and innovative elements into campaigns
- Work with SAMs, sales, insights, analytics and marketing in the “pre-planning” phase to refine campaign strategy
- Troubleshoot campaign issues, provide creative solutions
- Make smart recommendations based on assessing needs
- Prepare sales proposals to AM/Sales teams in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge and expertise of Gamut’s products, pricing, and build plans accordingly to nurture the health of Gamut’s business
- 1-2 years of experience in a media planning function (digital preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to produce quality output with no/minimal error, and refined sense of urgency
- Basic knowledge of media, terminology and digital media concepts
- Proficient data entry and order management skills
- Superb organizational skill
- Multitasking mastery
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity around KPIs, industry benchmarks, and how best to achieve those success metrics
- Analytically driven to make business decisions
- Knowledge of multiple distribution channels
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, advertising or related field is preferred
- The ability to multitask and “do what it takes” start-up attitude
- Basic knowledge of digital advertising concepts and products as well as a familiarity with offline media concepts
- Experience with 3rdparty data, DSP interfaces, forecasting UI’s, CRM tools, Salesforce
- Must be a team player!
- Must be based in Los Angeles
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.