6 days left
- Full Time
Professional Sports Publications is seeking a full-time Editorial Assistant to support a busy editorial department that produces industry-focused marketing periodicals and publications. This role will require experience in journalism/publishing, with an emphasis on research. We're looking for a versatile team player to join a group working on a number of new projects.
· Research and development of editorial projects
· Generating editorial strategy and content
· Coordinating and scheduling interviews
· Photo research and procurement
· Proofing advertisements
· Conducting and transcribing interviews
· Working knowledge of desktop publishing suite: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
· Strong background in research
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Editorial eye for detail
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
· AP Style and sports knowledge preferred
· Familiarity with book production and prepress process
· Writing and editing copy, fact-checking, organizing and proofing layouts, managing prepress files
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPANY, PLEASE VISIT WWW.PSPSPORTS.COM
Professional Sports Publications is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Professional Sports Publications will consider college graduates who possess a degree in any concentration or major. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Professional Sports Publications is an authorized sales agent for the premier publishers of high quality sports and other publications. Our portfolio includes over 500 colleges, universities, athletic conferences and professional sports franchises nationwide. We specialize in the development and production of game programs, yearbooks and annuals covering all sports and special events.
We strive to develop and produce quality sports publications that meet the needs of our clients. Our publications assist our clients in promoting themselves and their sports programs to fans, students, alumni, the media and the general public. We offer a wide range of services including advertising sales, layout, graphics and production. Our staff possesses the necessary expertise and technical background to assist our clients in developing quality, cost effective publications or improving existing ones.
Apply for Editorial Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly