Social Media Specialist
- Full Time
Cox Media Group (CMG) Tampa is seeking a dynamic, personable and focused individual to join our team as a Social Media Specialist (SMS).
SMS will facilitate organic and paid social content for clients all the way from creative inspiration/production to analytics/reporting. The SMS is responsible for delivering and demonstrating our advertisers’ return on investment based on the goals of their marketing campaigns. This role must be creative, analytical and possess excellent customer service skills. This individual will work closely with account executives (AE’s), clients and the Digital Sales Team to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers’ social needs. This position must maintain superior knowledge of all social platforms (Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) and in what ways each is most effective for meeting advertiser goals.
The SMS will collaborate with the Digital Team in providing social advertising recommendations that include, but not limited to audience, ad format, and ad creation suggestions/targeting that support customer goals. Once the campaign is underway the SMS will work to chart optimization approaches against their key performance indicators. At the end of the campaign this person will create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsells.
- Create compelling organic and paid social content for multiple clients on various social platforms
- Create and implement social boosts for organic content and events
- Manage paid social campaigns utilizing the best tactics to meet client KPIs
- Invoice reconciliation for local paid social campaigns
- Attend customer calls/meetings to present performance metrics and research
- Conduct basic industry research and site analytics
- Lead brainstorming sessions for creative social advertising solutions
- Lead regular group training sessions for local sales staff and clients to increase knowledge with current/emerging social services
- Troubleshoot implementation hurdles (getting creative from the client, proactive under delivery management, optimization recommendations, audience targeting and campaign set-up etc.)
- Manage creation, modification and updates of collateral materials and training sessions
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all social products
- Confer with advertisers to develop campaign optimizations to match performance with customer
- Interpret custom performance reporting and analysis in coordination with account executives and centralized trafficking to support renewal process and upsell
- Maintain Facebook Blueprint and Google Analytics Certifications
- BA/BS from a 4-year university or equivalent
- Experience creating content and managing multiple
client social accounts across a variety of industries
- Experience crafting social advertising campaigns
with detailed targeting, tracking and reporting
- Experience creating campaigns and ad sets within
Facebook Business Manager platform
- Experience boosting and reporting on social events
- Experience working directly with sales teams and
- Outstanding customer service skill with the keen
ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working
relationships and consistently set and exceed service goals
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to
organize and prioritize assignments
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a
fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts
and tools quickly
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
- Photoshop Knowledge
What Would Set You Apart:
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.