- Full Time
Cox Media Group Tampa (WSUN) has a rare opening for an experienced Promotions/Marketing Manager to join our award winning team!
The WSUN Promotions Manager is responsible for all WSUN promotions, events, advertising and websites/social media platforms according to the WSUN strategic plan. This position is in charge of creating and maintaining a “larger than life” image of WSUN in the listener’s mind through the Promotions outlets decided upon by the WSUN strategic team. The purpose is to build and foster a relationship with the P1/P2 listeners of WSUN and grow the overall cume of WSUN .
It is also the job of this position to assist the sales department in identifying opportunities, generating creative solutions that will result in station revenue, and executing these opportunities through WSUN assets including, but not limited to, events, sponsorships, partnerships, digital outlets, remotes, promotions, and web site/social media outlets. This must be done with a commitment to a fair and responsible balance of programming quality and revenue maximization. It also demands an individual who can execute short term tactics, and long-term strategic marketing efforts.
This individual will be responsible for recruitment/training of all personnel in the WSUN Promotion Department. The WSUN Promotions Manager must be profit oriented and have the ability to negotiate. This position will report to the WSUN/WSUN Director of Marketing and Promotions
- Complete understanding of the WSUN Brand
- An understanding of traditional and emerging social channels
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Responsible for recruitment and training of WSUN promotional team
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Development of revenue generating promotions in conjunction with the WSUN sales department
- Maintaining positive relationships with WSUN clients and listeners.
- Leading and/or attending key promotion, programming and sales meetings in order to communicate or coordinate current and future station promotional activities
- Detail oriented operating systems in place
- Maintain a promotional talent bank filled with quality candidates.
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Assist Director of Marketing and Promotions in all aspects of the Department
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.