Internal Communications Manager
- Full Time
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
About the Role: The Manager, Internal Editorial Planning and Analytics is responsible for the development, execution and delivery of engaging, data-driven internal communications content that connects with Cox Communications’ 18,000 employees nationwide. A key member of the company’s internal communications team, this person will be responsible for coordinating with corporate, regional and functional communications teams to create a strategic narrative that inspires employees understand the company’s key priorities and how they contribute to our success. The successful candidate must be a strong partner who can work across the business to drive a content strategy is focused on employee performance. This person will be responsible for managing the reporting and analysis of our content and regularly sharing results with corporate, regional and functional teams to help drive continuous improvement with employee experience with our content. He/she also will be relied upon for subject matter expertise that contributes to broader goals of the Public Affairs department. The ideal candidate for this role has strong interpersonal skills and thrives when given the opportunity to combine creativity, strategic translation and execution. This role reports to the Executive Director, Internal Communications and is part of the Corporate Public Affairs team.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and drive framework for the company narrative that inspires employees’ understanding of the company’s goals and how they contribute to our success; that builds employee confidence in our future through awareness of priorities, leadership and key milestones; and drives productive engagement with the company’s long-term objectives.
- Build and maintain processes for internal communications editorial planning, calendaring, and publishing and performance.
- Benchmark and implement best practices for internal communications measurement for all communications materials.
- Collaborate with digital communications team to analyze content performance and use data to drive decisions about content type, format, frequency and other attributes of high performing intranet content.
- Manage the reporting and analysis of our results and regularly share with corporate, regional and functional communicators to help drive continuous improvement.
- Manage editorial calendar and content on corporate communication channels, balancing input from key internal stakeholders across functions and markets.
- Collaborate with functional and regional communicators to identify and amplify stories that support the companywide narrative. Incorporate communications industry trends and benchmarks to adjust the content strategy as needed.
- Collaborate with content creation and digital communications teams to develop new or enhance existing content and channels that drive engagement with CoxOne, the company intranet.
- Partner with Human Resources and Cox Enterprises to develop innovative and leading ways to capture employee feedback on company meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain survey tool which tracks progress against key communications drivers of performance.
- Using data analytics, manage updates to editorial guidelines and style guide and procedures as part of the content strategy.
- Create and maintain efficient processes for internal content creation, publishing and analyzing.
- Consistently advocate positions that support strategic business objectives identified by the company.
- Promote a positive, effective flow of information within Corporate Public Affairs, Regional communicators and functional communications teams.
- Support teams across corporate communications team with content creation as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
- 5 - 7 years internal communications experience or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience managing a corporate Intranet
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including senior leaders
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to detail
- Outstanding relationship-building and customer service skills
- Proven ability to partner cross-functionally and lead/collaborate through influence
- Communications experience in media, internet, technology, and/or retail industries is highly preferred
- Willing to roll up sleeves and get work done, even if perceived to be outside the scope of the job
- Reputation for painstaking attention to detail
- Ability to exercise judgment, particularly in narrow time-frames
- Enjoys being part of a large matrix team
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.