Freelance Master Control Operator
- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for a freelance Master Control Operator to control the video and audio final product for all News 12 services. The ideal candidate will monitor on-air signals and maintain quality standards. Maintain the program log and assist traffic department with changes. Insert commercials and give commercial cues to studio. Record or store programs and program segments for playback. Play back programming to air. Upload commercials into storage for playback. Identify and assist with troubleshooting equipment problems. Coordinate repairs and maintenance. Identify problems and take prompt corrective action. Coordinate activities and on air playback including training. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
• Minimum one year of experience in broadcast/cable environment preferred.
• Basic knowledge of production equipment and production technique.
• Basic knowledge of computer based production equipment as well as knowledge in current and emerging newscast technologies.
• Basic knowledge of video/audio signal and tape dynamics.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to work independently in the absence of supervisor.
• Ability to make accurate and quick decisions to maintain integrity of operations.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.