The Vice President, Technology & Operations is a senior technical leader for Digital within NBC Sports Group and is responsible for owning the strategic direction and day-to-day oversight of the development and operation of NBC Sports Group’s digital platforms including web, mobile, and connected applications and all related systems.
<ul><li>Provide strategic direction and oversight for multiple departments, including application development, technical project management, and quality assurance
<li>Ensure that all applications updates are delivered in a timely fashion and with appropriate levels of testing
<li>Work with cross-functional leadership team from across the Sports Digital business to ensure that business objectives are being met and that technical deliverables align with business priorities
<li>Develop processes to ensure all systems have proper disaster recovery and resiliency and that development practices are aligned with ensuring 99.999% uptime for all services and applications
<li>Support 24x7x365 operational environment, including both remote on-call and onsite technical support teams where necessary
<li>Lead the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of all supported technology platforms
<li>Create and foster collaborative relationships with Product Management, QA, and Operations teams and support them to ensure that products are correctly defined, documented, tested, and released timely
<li>Ensure standardization of approaches, frameworks and toolsets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience managing software development teams with various back-end and front-end software engineering core competencies
- Must have extensive hands on experience with high traffic sites and multi-tier architecture/caching required
- Deep experience managing a high-volume, multi-environment, multi-location Application Development teams including outsourced service providers
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum, related frameworks and tools
- Ability to integrate into a large agile development project and manage rapid development cycles
- Expertise in managing large-scale live streaming events
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Passion for professional sports and an interest in digital media
- Strong project management experience preferred
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.