Director, Brand Strategy, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
What We Are Looking For?
A world-class brand strategist who will be responsible for supporting the overarching DTC communications strategy—from brand to IP to audience. He/she will engage with the full spectrum of customer/category/cultural insights to develop an overarching messaging strategy (annual) as well as IP/Stunt Messaging that aligns with our programming cadence and acquisition strategy. The Strategy Director will help produce the quarterly marketing performance review and will work in lock-step with brand colleagues and the Head of Insights to monitor brand health, on-going consumer studies and category trends.
Work with the Head of Brand Strategy to Lead Strategic Marketing Communications for the DTC product. Collaborating with key stakeholders across the business, determine the annual marketing objectives and targets/KPIs for our productDevelop a comprehensive communications strategy for the year which determines audience, messages, and targets based on previous evaluation/learnings as well as future insight and business/market contextProactively lead re-evaluation of the plans throughout the year, making recommendations on revisions or potential challenges and identify key opportunities to help drive the product's successWork with the Head of Brand Strategy to Own the Top-Level Brand Strategy:Define the architecture of our master brand, audience cohorts and IP launches. Build and maintain the brand framework model, which outlines our vision, purpose and proposition, working closely with internal stakeholders.
• At least 8 years of brand planning/marketing strategy experience (TV/DTC) from the entertainment industry, advertising agency or consumer products company with demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategic marketing plans for large, complex organizations.
• Big picture strategic thinker who has the ability to analyze/interpret data and translate research into actionable results through effective storytelling and presentations.
• Thorough understanding of the complexities of an entertainment/DTC organization and how the disparate parts make up the whole and their interdependencies.
• Demonstrated excellent executive-level presentation skills, leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated excellent creative/business writing skills.
• Demonstrated track record of success in managing high profile brands and marketing campaigns to include the full spectrum of deliverables from strategic positioning to driving engagement.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel as required by the position
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Previous experience in a marketing leadership position with a media company, ad agency and/or with a leading direct-to-consumer brand. Background in all industries highly preferred.
• Proven experience influencing cross-functional teams to come up with ideas far better than anyone could ever do alone and to foster a shared sense of ownership and success.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in marketing and advertising.
• Expertise and significant experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
• A fantastic writer, with the ability to bring insights, ideas and recommendations to life through the use of great storytelling and excellent data visualization skills.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence senior executives.
• Both an analytical and creative thinker
• Ability to sell ideas up, down and across an organization.
• A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups to a single purpose.
• Must be hands on and know what is going on at the front line of the business.
• Fantastic project manager talents to stay organized and execute numerous projects simultaneously.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.