The Director, Security & CDN Management will be part of the Performance & Reliability team supporting ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Director will oversee a team of software/systems security and CDN configuration experts who will ensure the security and availability of the direct-to-consumer streaming service. Responsibilities Work with the Business Information Security Officer to ensure that all software systems are properly secured and monitored for security incidents and that security standards are well-defined and distributed to the development and operations teams.Collaborate with the Development team to ensure that software testing tools and techniques are incorporated into the development pipeline and that all software is regularly tested by the development teams.Identify all production environments and monitor for changes to software, systems, or infrastructure, including monitoring for missing security patches, O/S updates, etc…Coordinate regular software, systems, and pen testing of production environments.Work with Content Delivery Network providers to ensure that configurations are fully optimized to maximize user experience across multiple platforms.Continuously monitor key performance indicators around video quality and provide regular reports to engineering and business leadership on metricsBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years management experience
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience managing large-scale digital software systems
- Expertise in software security best practices and tooling
- Deep knowledge of Content Delivery Networks including caching strategies and optimizations, use of multi-CDN, etc…
- Expertise in high-availability software patterns and performance testing
- Knowledge of Cloud & Container Security
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience in digital media or direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
- Knowledge of common security best practices and standards such as NIST and OWASP
- Expertise in deploying tools such as Web Application Firewalls, Container Security, Static & Dynamic Code Analysis, etc…
- Passionate about leading a team of engineers and committed to building world-class software systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.