The Director, Resilience & Persistence will be part of the Performance & Reliability team supporting ongoing operations of the streaming service. The Director will oversee a team of engineers focused on managing the resiliency of the software systems used in the operation of the direct-to-consumer streaming service. Responsibilities Establish minimum standards for resiliency for all software systemsProvide training and documentation for all development and engineering teamsPerform proactive workshops with development teams to identify and resiliency risks and provide report of risks to technical leadershipWork with Product Operations teams to assess any problems identified in production systems and work with Development teams to ensure that problems are resolved according to SLAsProvide chaos testing toolset and oversee execution of chaos tests in non-Production environmentsOversee persistence center of excellence and ensure that all development teams are building systems with proper persistence technologies and techniquesBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years management experience
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience managing large-scale digital software systems
- Expertise in cloud development and deployment technologies, including containerization and multi-cloud configurations
- Knowledge of common persistence frameworks
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience in digital media or direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
- Expertise in designing highly-available fault-tolerant software
- Passionate about leading a team of engineers committed to ensuring 99.999% availability
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.