Social Media/Public Relations Assistant
- Part Time
Social Media/ Public Relations Assistant (Long Island/Manhasset, NY)
NuBest Salon and Spa, world renowned for services including: hair design, hair color, skin treatments, make-up application, nail services, and waxing, in a state of the art custom designed space of over 20,000 sq. ft. is searching for a smart, quick, and witty Social Media and PR Assistant to oversee and execute content for all platforms.
Overview: Working closely with the Director and staff team, the Marketing/PR and Communications Assistant plays a vital role in the daily operations of the Department. This role calls for a talented and versatile professional who will both facilitate day-to-day office administration and also work closely with the Director to perform research, develop reports and help in implementing innovative approaches to the Department’s operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide public relations support, including press release distribution and posting and producing weekly media roundups.
· Manage all social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
· Develop and manage the creative content calendar: create copy, coordinate and format all assets needed and upload all postings to NuBest social platforms
· Contribute to photography, styling and formatting of creative content
· Maintain and engage with customers to maximize social media reach
· Collaborate with social media contacts at retail partners to increase cross promotion
Skills and Experience:
· Ideally the candidate is passionate about beauty, hair, understands and appreciates luxury, while being on the pulse of cultural events and happenings.
· Background degree in communications, marketing, English, or business.
· Minimum 1 year work experience
· Strong organizational skills, self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Creative, sophisticated eye
· Deep understanding of major social media platforms
· Detail oriented and organized
· Effective time management and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, while still working within a team environment and fostering a strong team collaboration
Please send cover letter and resume
NO PHONE CALLS