Editor - Beauty/Lifestyle
- Full Time
Sunday Riley is looking to hire a Beauty and Lifestyle Editor for The Sunday Edit. The ideal candidate is curious, loves diving into pop culture, technology, all things beauty, wellness, and lifestyle, and has at least 5 years of experience in editorial writing.
- Create, manage, and execute the strategic vision for consumer facing, online beauty and wellness content.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly topics plan and maintain a corresponding editorial calendar.
- Write and collaborate on articles and blog posts; research and source feature articles
- Keep up with and analyze online engagement with published beauty and wellness content in order to identify content strengths and weaknesses, see gaps and figure out how to fill them and make improvements.
- Work with outside contributors to develop and strengthen a wide range of content/projects.
- Identify unique opportunities to use content to increase engagement and audience growth.
- Collaborate across all content platforms to ensure consistency and coordination of topics, initiatives, product focus, and company objectives.
- Maintain contacts with advertisers, beauty and wellness experts, as well as potentially featuring celebrities. Collaborate with popular bloggers and opinion leaders.
- Analyze traffic stats and sources via Google Analytics to determine effectiveness of content and presentation methods. Analyze daily traffic data to strategize future content.
- Think and execute both strategically and tactically.
- Experience converting ideas into timely, results-oriented content.
- Ability to think big while being detail-oriented.
- Consistent track record of independent judgement and discretion in matters of significance.
- Reliable and deadline focused.
- A passion for wellness and beauty products.
- The ability to think creatively, entrepreneurially, and analytically.
- Proven ability to work across an organization at all levels with technical, creative, and executive team members.
- Collaborative, communicative team player, independent thinker, multi-tasker able to thrive in fast-paced, goal-oriented, high-achieving culture.
- Strong willed, not intimidated or deterred.
- 5+ years writing editorial content.
- Writing samples required with application