- Full Time
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, co-develops and delivers locally produced programs and public service announcements for national and international audiences that will meet the standards of the Newsmax Media brand, and its loyal subscribers & viewers.
- Supervises a production crew that produces regular, special and live shows related to various political, historical and informational audiences or other appropriate topics, as deemed appropriate by the Newsmax Media brand.
- Works in conjunction with various Newsmax Media corporate offices, to utilize and mobilize the Newsmax Media network of web-based, print and broadcast resources, to generate timely and pertinent broadcast material to the Newsmax Media standards of dissemination.
- Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with outside content-creating entities, commercial television stations, as well as municipal and cable stations, to optimize NewsMax Media’s capacity for generating quality produced programming pertinent to the Newsmax brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of successful experience in directing Live television news, studio-based programming or similarly related professional media production and media presentation experience.
- Experience using ENPS or similar news production systems.
- Candidate must exhibit proven success in project planning, organizational skills, and development of a variety of media products (for both Live and taped applications).
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups, and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of current broadcast technologies appropriate to the position's job responsibilities.
- Follows adopted policies and procedures in accordance with Newsmax Media priorities.
- Conducts oneself in the best interest of the Newsmax Media brand, in accordance with the highest standards of broadcast practices
- Ability to lift/carry 20 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds; some physical activity required