Social Media Manager
- Full Time
Join the resistance! Brave New Films is looking for an experienced Social Media Manager with a genuine – and proven! – passion for progressive issues. The Social Media Manager will drive strategy, daily content curation, and engagement with the goal of expanding the reach and impact of Brave New Films’ content.
The successful candidate must answer YES to ALL of these questions:
- Are you passionate about making an impact?
- Are you obsessed with politics and want to work where you can make a difference?
- Do you want to use film to connect the dots to structural, systemic issues?
- Can you NOT get caught up in the outrage of the moment, but go beyond it?
- Are you an expert in social media strategy and an active social media user?
- Are you a results-based strategic thinker who can take on a number of campaigns, at once, and thrive in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously juggling competing and/or changing priorities?
- Are you excited to create, build and grow communities online?
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set the vision and lead implementation of social media plans and strategies for film releases that will elevate our films, create new followers and expand the overall social audience
- Create and execute all key social media messaging and engagement on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, & YouTube, as well as other emerging social media platforms
- Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track against KPIs and benchmarks
- Create and manage social content calendar and determine the placement and cadence of content, provide content optimization recommendations based on performance
- Forge and maintain Influencer Relations (leveraging partnerships to develop cross-promotional opportunities)
- Respond to breaking news in a timely manner with strategic messaging that increases engagement with our content
- Manage analytics, reporting and dashboards to gain insight and identify opportunities for improvement
- Keep pace with social media, internet marketing industry trends and developments and stay current with what’s trending online and what people are talking about
- Attend webinars, read industry blogs and follow digital thought leaders in the space in order to develop a POV and adapt to a rapidly changing social and demographic landscape
- Develop strategies for online marketing and advertising including Google AdWords and Facebook ads
- Experience with Google Ad Manager, SEO and Google Analytics. Candidates who are AdWords certified with PPC (pay per click) experience will be strongly considered
- 3 years of experience in social media management
- Exceptional communication skills and a deep understanding of the voice, tone and style of each social media platform
- Strong social copywriting skills and demonstrable creative/concepting skills
- Adept with Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organized, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Flexible and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premiere Pro, Canva or other graphic design program
- Not required, but a plus: Basic video editing skills in Adobe Premiere
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to: socialmediaJOB@bravenewfilms.org
IMPORTANT: Your cover letter must explain why you are the right person for this job. What sets you apart from others? What experience and knowledge do you have that would make you the right candidate for this position?
Competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, and vacation. Dogs welcome at work where you’ll enjoy our indoor/outdoor sunny California weather!
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.