Digital Marketing Assistant
- Full Time
Masthead Media, a New York City-based content marketing company, aligns iconic and emerging brands with best-in-class creative and editorial talent to develop exceptional results-driven content. We’re actively seeking a Digital Marketing Assistant to work with our executive team to develop our marketing programming and seek new business opportunities with brands, agencies, and publishers.
Masthead Media develops multimedia content on behalf of top brands—such as Alex and Ani, Bose, Intel, Indeed, Kimpton, OXO, Tacori and Zillow—and you’ll have a direct hand in creating relationships with our next set of high-profile clients and partners. This is a full-time salaried position that is based out of our Manhattan office (but offers plenty of work from home flexibility).
Who We’re Looking For
You have prior experience working or interning within a sales and/or marketing organization at a brand, agency, organization, or publisher—and you can demonstrate how you’ve fully and successfully managed projects in an academic or professional environment. You're a creative thinker and love the thrill of hitting new goals and benchmarks, both on your own or with a team. You’re also a highly motivated self-starter who asks for new assignments but also has the patience and follow-through to fully complete any task assigned. You bring positive energy and thrive in a relaxed, collaborative environment and like both face-to-face and remote working time. In addition, you have strong experience or proficiency in:
- Conducting extensive online research; translating what you’ve learned into a well-organized format that others can use.
- Working with:
- Spreadsheet tools, such as Google Sheets, Excel, and Airtable
- Creative and presentation tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, as well as stock images websites
- Content development tools, such as Wordpress and Mailchimp
- Social and Communications tools, such as Gmail, Linkedin, Hootsuite, Twitter
- Project management tools, such as Basecamp * Creating multimedia content for blogs, social media, emails, etc. (either for a business or on your own)
- Drafting and sending well-organized, engaging emails
- Creating agendas for and taking notes at meetings
- Organizing and executing small events or live programming from start to finish (bonus if you’ve worked on any kind of awards programming!)
- Proofreading documents so they are free of errors
- Communicating proactively and frequently with supervisors about project status
- Managing several projects at once; identifying and executing high-priority to-dos
This Role’s Responsibilities:
As the Marketing Assistant, you’ll oversee a critical part of our sales and marketing process. Your week-to-week responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Head of Sales & Marketing to identify top new business prospects for Masthead Media across pre-determined categories, such as beauty, technology, healthcare, and lifestyle.
- Using provided digital tools to research and track companies/potential clients and the decision-makers who work there.
- Conducting initial outreach to prospects (you’ll start with templates and guidance provided by MMC).
- Supporting the Sales & Marketing team with the creation of sales and marketing materials, such as proposals and case studies.
- Developing Masthead Media’s quarterly newsletters (which go out to our “Masthead” of top-tier creative contributors, as well as sales contacts).
- Managing Masthead Media’s “Women in Content Marketing Awards” which recognizes top talent in the industry.
- Tracking and saving all newly published content developed by Masthead Media for our clients.
- Using a project management system (Basecamp) to route tasks between you and other members of the Masthead Media team.
- Helping to the transition of projects from the sales team to the execution team.
- 1+ years in sales and marketing (content marketing is ideal) or a related field, including internships
- Proven ability to prioritize, organize, and gracefully handle multiple projects
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- A positive, collaborative approach to work
- Undergraduate degree in business, communications, or a related field helpful
Interested in this job? Use our short-form application here: https://airtable.com/shrxKc13eP4YkFQtj
About Masthead Media Company
Masthead Media collaborates with iconic and emerging brands to craft and share their unique stories with the world. In addition to campaign-based initiatives, we support our clients in cultivating long-term relationships with customers through editorial-style content development, social media management, thought leadership development, influencer programming, search and social insights, and analytics reporting services.