Product Marketing Manager
- Full Time
BlueSteps is the premier career management service for global executives. BlueSteps supports executive-level professionals, Director through C-suite, with job search, career strategy and executive search. Our vision is to help the world’s executives become better candidates and leaders with the best career solutions on the market.
Founded by the Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants (AESC) in 2000, BlueSteps was an early player in online career management. Today, we combine technology with high touch expertise, supporting a membership of more than 120,000+ executives in 75+ countries. BlueSteps members enjoy holistic career guidance tailored for global executives, which includes both online tools and resources, as well as offline support from a team of best-in-class career advisors.
About the Position
We seek a highly collaborative and growth-minded Product Marketing Manager to join our Midtown Manhattan team. The Product Marketing Manager will shape the BlueSteps value proposition, create messaging that resonates with our customer, evolve our product in the marketplace and drive revenue by employing savvy marketing strategies.
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, the Product Marketing Manager will be part of a small, but influential team charged with deepening engagement with our customer while growing revenue. The role presents a fantastic opportunity for an energetic self starter to develop and implement marketing strategies across a variety of channels and for a global audience.
- Build a marketing plan with the global CMO that supports both the short- and long-term objectives of the organization.
- Shape and articulate value proposition for the product and its key features across all channels and touch points, including web copy, define benefits-driven messaging, storytelling and product positioning focused on resolving customer pain points and delivering customer new opportunities.
- Develop, lead and execute on marketing strategies that grow our visibility in the marketplace, delight our customers, and drive revenue targets across multiple channels.
- Act as customer evangelist, collaborating with operations to continuously know and understand our customers, their needs, motivations, challenges and opportunities through data, surveys and competitor analysis.
- Craft launch plans for new product features, working closely with operations, IT and the rest of the marketing team.
- Collaborate with content marketing associate to build a content strategy and calendar (including social media, blogs, guides and newsletters) that align with our value proposition and positions us as the number 1 thought leader on executive careers.
- Collaborate with products and services manager on messaging and positioning of career packages (resumes, coaching, etc.), webinars and workshops with career advisors and executive recruiters.
- Collaborate with digital marketing manager on messaging for PPC ads and SEO initiatives.
- Work with global CMO on market research that continuously uncovers new insights on executive careers, job search and executive search.
- Represent the product internally within the organization by providing education on new product features and initiatives, sales enablement tools and training to staff.
- Four solid years of experience working in a B2C product marketing capacity, with deep responsibility in crafting messaging, creating marketing plans and developing digital content.
- Data-driven mindset; ability to analyze data and develop marketing insights that can be directly employed in marketing strategies and tactics.
- Outstanding passion for and knowledge of the online product landscape, including positioning, messaging, pricing, promotions and content.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write persuasive marketing copy for a global audience on complex career issues.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with staff at all levels and across departments.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to conduct and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure and within deadlines.
- Experience with CMS (preferably Drupal), Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, social media management platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), HTML/CSS.
- Familiar with AP style and other style guides.
- Self-directed, can work in small team and influence others.
- Full of initiative and comfortable in a sometimes hectic, deadline-driven environment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary, bonus and full benefits package (generous paid time off, health, dental and vision, 401(k), life insurance and long-term disability policies, summer Fridays and more).
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectation to Joe Chappell, Chief Marketing Officer. Salary expectation and cover letter must be included for consideration.
AESC, including its BlueSteps service, is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.