- Full Time
The lifestyle site Best Life is looking for a talented, energetic, and experienced Deputy Editor to join its fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for assigning, editing, and top-editing multiple stories on a daily basis across a range of topics, including health, wellness, pop culture, relationships, travel, home and garden, and trivia. The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience editing copy in a timely, efficient manner, and managing junior writers and editors.
· Edit, fact-check, and top-edit multiple articles, essays, and lists daily.
· Mentor junior writers and editors.
· Generate ideas for the site across all verticals.
· Bring in new freelancers and manage relationships with existing ones.
· Apply SEO best practices to all stories.
· Assist the site director daily, and lead the team when she is away.
· Have a positive attitude and a great sense of humor!
· At least five years experience editing at a fast-paced digital publisher.
· Strong copy-editing and fact-checking skills.
· Strong project and time-management skills.
· Experience with traffic and SEO analytics tools.
· Strong knowledge of photo rights and best practices.
· Experience in lifestyle journalism specifically is a plus.
· Familiarity with WordPress is a plus.
Owned and operated by Galvanized Media, Best Life (5.6m unique users and growing) is the web’s premier smarter living service brand for both men and women. It maintains a deeply devoted readership—as a print magazine for men from 2004 and 2012, it maintained a robust circulation of more than 500,000 copies-per-month, and routinely outsold competitors on newsstands—and it remains the industry leader when it comes to the latest culture stories, cutting-edge tips, and smarter-living advice.
Galvanized, the award-winning media company based in New York and staffed with industry professionals who previously worked at Conde Nast, Hearst, Rodale, Buzzfeed, Bloomberg, and other companies, works with NBC, Meredith, Bonnier, American Media, and Simon & Schuster, to define the new era of healthy living via life-changing content. Galvanized owns and operates Best Life, Eat This, Not That!, and other brands.
Apply for Deputy Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly