Director of Partnerships
- Full Time
Role: Director of Partnerships
Reports to: CMO
Start Date: ASAP
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup. Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of creativity, passion, and leadership to the role. They are able to find solutions to any challenge and are the ultimate win-win negotiator. The Business Development Director is someone who can think on their feet, knows the value of asking the right questions, and is an expert listener who can read nonverbal communication cues to hear what’s not being said.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track-record of building deep relationships with GenZ-friendly partner organizations in order to expand our reach to young people. As the Director of Partnerships, your main priorities will be to:
Close deals with new and existing partners that drive exponential member growth for the organization. (70%) This includes:
- Creating a pipeline of key strategic partners in collaboration with the DoSomething’s marketing and business development teams.
Working internally with key departments/stakeholders on partnership development updates and pitches. (30%) This includes:
- Gathering and synthesizing key data points and analysis to marketing and product teams in order to evaluate and prioritize new partnership opportunities.
- You have significant experience (5-7 years) working in digital media in strategic, partnerships, business development or related capacity.
- You love GenZ and are excited to know the ins and outs of every personality on YouTube, TikTok, or the next big thing.
- You crush it with your strong written and verbal communication skills, you can develop presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions, and your on-brand public speaking and storytelling capabilities make you the “it” person in the room.
- You are the master at suggesting next steps, customizing communications, and following-through with even the most unlikely of leads. Follow-through is the cornerstone of your success.
- You are able to seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization, including the executive & C-suite level.
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and tuning in to email outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- You believe in the collective power of young people and you’re obsessed with getting young people across the globe to take action on important social issues.
Select Perks & Benefits.
- 3 weeks' vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Year’s (and Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day -- office closes at 1:30), fun office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- 100% medical and dental premiums covered. Yep, you read that right.
- Five (or six? We’re losing count.) different ways to make coffee. We also have tea, if that’s more your thing.
- DoSomething is an equal opportunity employer. Obviously.
Please, no calls.