Lead Strategist, DoSomething Strategic
- Full Time
Reports to: Head of Client Services, DoSomething Strategic
DoSomething Strategic is a social impact consultancy built for clients that want to activate young people and fuel meaningful positive social change. We’re the consulting arm of DoSomething.org, one of the largest global organizations for young people and social change. Our clients are for-profit companies, not-for-profit organizations, and foundations. Clients include Google, Nike, Foot Locker, College Board, The Wilderness Society, and Habitat for Humanity.
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating millions of young people around the world to make impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
As a team within DoSomething.org, DoSomething Strategic has all of the benefits of being part of an award-winning 25-year-old not-for-profit while still operating like a fast-growing start-up. DoSomething Strategic is an earned income revenue stream for DoSomething.org — all of the profit we generate supports DoSomething.org’s mission.
If you’re a fan of karaoke, Toto’s “Africa,” passionate people, and getting stuff done, check us out at DoSomethingStrategic.org
- Use smart, insight-driven thinking to address client needs and contribute big ideas to achieve client goals
- Build deep understanding of clients’ businesses; articulate challenges & opportunities that establish parameters for social change solutions
- Establish DoSomething Strategic as clients’ go-to experts regarding key issues facing young people and key topics in social change
- Facilitate high-impact client work sessions
- Client Relationship Management:
- Develop long-term relationships and represent DoSomething Strategic with clients
- Manage projects to deliver superior client service and added value at every stage
- Monitor and share trends and inspirations relevant to client projects to maintain relationships with internal and external teams
- New Business Development:
- Work closely with the New Business Director to clearly define project scope, budget, and timelines
- Co-deliver new business pitches
- Talent Management:
- Manage and mentor 1-2 Strategists
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you! You have:
- 7+ years marketing strategy experience, preferably in a client-facing role
- Passion for social change
- Curious about a wide range of subject matters and a voracious consumer of culture and information
- Inquisitive by nature and take every opportunity to experience new things, from food to travel to music to technology
- Require no external force to fan your entrepreneurial flame
- Prone to see (and seek) solutions, not problems
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Works well on a team
- Excellent written & oral communications skills. Really excellent.
- Experience working at an agency (account management or brand planning/insights/strategy) or in a client-facing role
- Understanding of young people: ages 13-30
- Digital marketing experience
- Experience managing a team
- Salary commensurate with a nonprofit scale
- DoSomething fully covers medical and dental premiums for our employees. Yep, you read that right.
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day — office closes at 1:30), dynamic office environment, a spot on our summer kickball team, and occasional brownie bake-offs. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday (but we might bake you cookies if you do)
- DoSomething.org and DoSomething Strategic are equal opportunity employers. Obviously.
Please, no calls.