- Full Time
WPXI-TV, a top-performing NBC affiliate is seeking an Account Executive responsible for generating new media revenue through both broadcast and digital sales. You must be an aggressive new business development professional adept at prospecting and closing new business while growing an existing list. You will actively manage the sales cycle with a strong focus on cold calling, prospecting, presenting, and closing New Business and Digital sales, developing new relationships, negotiating contracts and closing business by expanding existing services, cross selling and/or adding new services.
• Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
• Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs-based solutions to achieve them
• Oversee campaign execution and analysis
• Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
• Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
• 2 years’ professional experience
• Media experience (TV, Digital, Radio, Print, Agency or Professional Sports) preferred
• Proven ability to cold call, prospect, and develop businesses opportunities
• Self-starter who craves success
• Strong acumen in digital media sales technology preferred
• Google Sales Certification preferred
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
• Some travel necessary
• Valid driver's license with good driving record required
• Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.