VP, Data Science & Engineering
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Help hire, manage, and lead a team of Data Scientists, and Analysts. Mentor the team to develop a cultural of ownership and delivery. Manage Data Science projects to ensure timely delivery of prioritized tasks. Help run daily scrum and backlog grooming processes. Provide forecasting, revenue modeling, predictive analysis, A/B testing and data science for stakeholder teams. Lead the build out of standardized reporting for multiple groups within the organization. QA and ensure business definitions are accurate. Partner effectively and earn trust with stakeholder teams. Take ownership of priorities and ensure that the team deliver results on time. Develop a deep understanding of KPI’s that affect each group. Provide entrepreneurial guidance based on findings. Create presentations and communicate findings in regular weekly/monthly presentations. Help present in Digital Weekly Data Meeting.Create, define, and document processes and analyses.
NBCU Digital Entertainment is looking for a motivated Vice President of Data Science that can deliver results in a fast-paced environment. As the Vice President of Data Science, you will lead all Data Analytics & Decision Science initiatives for the organization. You will play a key role in providing thought leadership and actionable insight for the group. This is a highly visible role that will work closely with multiple levels of leadership within NBCU Digital Entertainment.
• Minimum 10 years of applied experience in Data, Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering and/or BI.
• Minimum 5 years managing teams of data professionals.
• BS/MS from a quantitative field from such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Economics. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
• Applied experience with analyzing large datasets and building models using SQL and R, and/or Python. Full stack Data Science experience a plus.
• Hands on experience with predictive modeling, multi-regression, decision tress, cluster analysis, and various machine learning models. Deep Learning / AI experience a plus.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.