Public Relations Account Supervisor
- Full Time
We are looking for a strong, self-motivated, pro-active Account Supervisor/Publicist with extremely strong media pitching skills and media relationships to join our dynamic team.
Only apply if you have BOTH Beauty and PR Agency experience.
- Working with clients to uncover and identify business needs and objectives
- Crafting appropriate strategies, timelines, budgets and implementation plans to achieve client goals
- Anticipating client needs and identifying issues/concerns in order to proactively develop solutions
- Developing broad industry expertise with a regional and national scope
- Building trust, credibility, and client referrals.
- Initiating regular contact with client contacts to review priorities, share counsel and garner feedback from the client to ensure that their needs are being met
- Tracking results for clients and then determining media targets and goals based on that tracking
- Reviewing all press materials, proposals, agendas, weekly client reports and anything to be sent to the client for accuracy, grammar, spelling, formatting and content
- Leveraging strong relationships with senior editors to generate results and develop strategic opportunities for clients
- Advising and mentoring team members on appropriate media strategy
- Attending media tours and managing event planning
- Overall program and budget management for clients and each campaign
- Helping with new business including generating leads, research, developing proposals, attending new business meetings and presenting ideas
Ideal candidate will:
- Have 5-6 years of experience pitching consumer beauty and lifestyle product accounts
- Have strong media contacts with beauty editors at the top national consumer publications
- Be creative, resourceful and have a keen attention to detail
- Be able to contribute to a team atmosphere and work well with others
- Do whatever it takes to provide the ultimate service to both clients and the media
- Have a sense of humor, a sense of loyalty and be able to think outside of the box
- Be able to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast paced atmosphere
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize a team’s workload, keeping Vice President informed of all developments relating to client work
- Pitch and secure placements for our clients in national consumer press
- Oversee performance of junior team members
- Draft and edit press releases, invitations, background information sheets, status reports
- Develop a greater, more detailed understanding of client business, markets and issues affecting them
In exchange, we offer full health insurance benefits, retirement plan, vacation time and year long summer hours! Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN THE TRI-STATE AREA.
Apply for Public Relations Account Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly