Audience Engagement Editor
- Full Time
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, and The Root. As part of G/O Media, we reach an audience of 120+ million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
About the Role:
Gizmodo Media Group is looking for an Audience Engagement Editor for all 8 sites in our portfolio. As our Audience Engagement Editor, you will be responsible for setting and executing newsletter and partnership strategy for Gizmodo Media Group—overseeing our current slate of newsletters, the development and launch of new editorial newsletter offerings, and managing and expanding our current media partnerships. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about newsletters, interested in working across multiple content areas, and has a sharp mind for analytical thinking.
We’re looking for candidates who are self-sufficient and capable of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing news environment. Previous use with Campaign Monitor is a huge plus.
- Oversee the production, editing and story placement of GMG’s suite of newsletters
- Lead strategy for the growth and direction of our newsletter program
- Work with site editors to develop, launch and grow editorial newsletters
- Track and increase monetization of GMG’s newsletter program
- A/B test newsletter features and work to optimize our newsletter offerings
- Promote company-wide initiatives in newsletters
- Be a champion for newsletters at Gizmodo Media Group
- Handle relationships with Gizmodo Media Group’s slate of partners
- Partner pitching
You Should Have:
- 4+ years newsletter or audience development experience at a digital media company or related industry
- Experience launching and growing digital products
- Experience working across multiple teams; product & engineering, editorial, sales, social
- Great writing skills for social and newsletter products
- Deep knowledge of analytics and testing methods
- Working knowledge of Campaign Monitor or other major ESPs
- Understanding of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
G/O Media is deeply committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment and people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates are very strongly encouraged to apply. Our company-wide mission is to reach very diverse audiences and so, we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
This position will report to the Head of Social and Audience and will be based out of our New York City office.
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.