Sales Account Executive (Atlanta, GA)
Posted: 9/4/2019 | Expires: 10/4/2019
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Account Management, Sales
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
This position assesses the market potential of prospective accounts and meets with local/ regional businesses to learn about their marketing needs. Account Executives must have proven sales history and is a marketing leader who will identify, grow, and maintain a territory of clients through face to face meetings, prospecting, events, branding, presentations and penetrating organizations on the highest level. Account Executives are required to work with clients/advertising agencies and our internal team to develop integrated advertising and marketing programs to hone in on the client's needs and objectives by hitting their KPI goals.
- Develop and maintain your sales territory by building brand equity, business development and advertising sales throughout the assigned territory.
- Generate a strong understanding of MNI's products and media solutions
- Cultivate and develop high-level client relationships on the client and agency sides and leverage a strong consultative approach for selling targeted marketing solutions.
- Identify revenue opportunities with existing clients/advertising agencies to grow existing relationships.
- Provide ongoing client management to partners including regular reviews of marketing plans performance, educational events and client entertainment.
- Provide regular updates to management on pipeline of business, percent to goal, territory updates and opportunities along with region challenges.
- Perform client needs analysis to determine marketing pain points and develop strategies to address those needs.
- Exceed annual revenue goals
II. Essential Job Functions
- Achieve revenue goals set by the company for existing and developmental accounts. Sells advertising/digital and provides continuing service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Assesses the advertising revenue potential of assigned accounts. Conveys advertiser's marketing needs to sales management, research, production and/or promotion in order to design a presentation which shows how the company can fulfill those needs with our targeted marketing advisements. Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships.
- Prospect new business opportunities in your territory, both B2C and B2B, through regular outreach to new clients and advertising agencies with face to face meetings, presentations, events, entertainment and other related efforts.
- Develop integrated media plans and support materials working collaboratively with internal MNI team including; planning, marketing, research, account management and ad-ops teams.
- Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentation to advertiser's key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client-chosen solutions. Provides excellent customer service to clients.
- Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and reports. Maintains accurate records of individual list performance. Generates any additional reports as required.
- III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Education:College degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Proven track record of sales accomplishments and development of successful sales presentations.
3+ years' experience minimum
Digital sales experience a plus
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business development specialist with a proven track record of developing and growing a client base and agency relationships. This includes; prospecting, lead generation, and deep relationship development throughout an organization.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in advertising/ media sales with the ability to develop, present and sell through high level media strategy and marketing plans to C-Level clients/ advertising agency teams
- Track record of exceeding revenue goals and overachievement.
- Strong sales skills; ability to create effective sales promotions; adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
- Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce; knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore and Scarborough a plus.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
- Valid US driver's license is required.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 40%
Position Territory: Atlanta, GA
Ideal candidate will live in the designated territory.
MNI Targeted Media, an advertising and marketing division of Meredith Corporation, is a new breed of data-centric advertising firm that prides itself on innovative digital strategies. MNI streamlines media buying, creative messaging and analysis to generate scalable cross-platform advertising campaigns that make an impression. We believe in the power of innovation and are driven to know more and do more every day. Think you'd be a good fit for the team? Visit us at mni.com.