The Digital Media Planner provides the day-to-day support of the digital sales team through the development of media plans and PowerPoint decks. Proposals - both proactive and in response to RFPs - must be accurate, creative, meet objectives, and submitted on time. Work closely with digital marketing and integrated marketing on custom programs, both digital only and integrated with print. Communicate directly with clients and agencies regarding campaign details. Liaise between departments: ad operations, digital marketing, integrated marketing, sales, and finance. Research and report on website and industry trends when necessary. Be an expert on site content, new features, and new ad units in order to put together the best media plans possible. Stay abreast of industry news and competitive sites. Thrive in an industry where clients need everything yesterday
The ideal candidate is self-starter with a high level of initiative.
Must be able to prioritize and work effectively and efficiently under multiple and often conflicting deadlines.
Must be able to multi-task and work under strict deadlines
The position requires someone who is proactive and able to anticipate required action, when needed, for successful resolution/result.
II. Essential Job Functions
Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Day-to-day support of digital sales team through development of media plans and decks for advertising proposals. Proposals - both proactive and in response to RFPs - must be accurate, creative, meet objectives, and submitted on time.
Manage and track online campaign implementation, delivery, and optimization processes and ensure that contract revenue is fulfilled.
Create and update marketing collateral for proposals and sales decks.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field (and/or equivalent, relevant work experience).
1-3 years minimum work experience preferred; ideal candidate will have 1 year minimum interactive experience, 1 year minimum strategic planning experience at an agency or with a publisher.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in digital advertising operations and campaign management.
- Sound strategic thinker with strong creative problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Above average Excel and PowerPoint literacy proficiency.
- Proficient in digital media tools such as Omniture, Nielsen @Plan, Nielsen Net Ratings, ComScore, etc.
- Solutions oriented with a "can-do" attitude - someone who can think creatively and strategically, has strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and has an interest in digital media and learning about a multi-media brand.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time and priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, have a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Strong written skills.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Time management, business acumen and a strong work ethic are a must.
- Creative, compelling and persuasive communication style
- Proven track record of learning new skills & products as well as thriving in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Good customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different situations.
% Travel Required (Approximate): < 5%
MNI Targeted Media, an advertising and marketing division of Meredith Corporation, is a new breed of data-centric advertising firm that prides itself on innovative digital strategies. MNI streamlines media buying, creative messaging and analysis to generate scalable cross-platform advertising campaigns that make an impression. We believe in the power of innovation and are driven to know more and do more every day. Think you'd be a good fit for the team? Visit us at mni.com.