Digital Content Producer - Part-Time
Meredith Corporation is seeking a Digital Content Producer responsible for generating digital content in line with the Meredith Local Media Group's business goals and objectives. We are looking for a news hound with exceptional skills for telling compelling stories through text, video and graphics across all digital platforms. The ideal candidate for this Local Media Group headquarters position is an innovative self-starter who beats deadlines and the competition, handles pressure and strives to be first and best with the story. This position requires an individual capable of merging legacy journalistic standards with the latest news, mobile and social trends to create engaging content for millions of users across the Meredith network.
Essential Job Functions
40% - Produces, posts and manages scalable digital content - both text and video - around breaking news for use across the Meredith Local Media Group's mobile, social and web platforms.
40% - Work closely with Meredith properties in planning, creating and distributing content across various platforms for a variety of purposes.
20% - Participate in the development and execution of local audience building initiatives for Meredith properties.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training and/or work experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of producing digital news content
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to tell a story in the most relevant and appropriate form across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of content management systems and how to shepherd a story from pitch to publish distribution.
- Identify, aggregate and share content from local Meredith properties that has relevance across the Meredith network.
- Skills and savvy to create and position social content for the greatest reach and greatest potential to extend the Meredith brands and drive audience back to core mobile and web sites.
- Keen problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues with our platforms and systems.
- Ability to see the future or identify relevant, trending topics before they go viral.
- A creative eye for pairing visual, text and video images into compelling content.
- Proficient in the use of text, image and video editing programs.
- Works well in a group setting, a team player, but also a self-starter when working alone.
- Strong sense of judgment, sensibility and brand awareness when engaging users from across the country.
- Stays up to date with the latest social and industry trends with the ability to adapt to new opportunities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HTML plus.
- Proficiency in videography, filming and editing in both a studio setting and in the field a plus.
- Availability to work all shifts, including weekends.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 5%
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees