Director, PMO, Technology, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Maintaining a departmental wide view of all programs and projects being supported by NBCU’s technology organization.Ensuring appropriate controls and monitoring are in place by program and project managers to enable accurate reporting of status across the portfolio, including timelines, risks and issues.Establishing best practices for adherence by delivery teams, and putting in place measures to ensure these are being appropriately followed.Liaise with other PMOs around NBC and the global Comcast group to ensure cross-functional alignment and provide assurance around dependencies.Maintain cross-department view of capex and opex budgets, costs and forecasts – ensuring programs and projects and controlling their costs and reporting on a monthly basis.Manage the project & program initiation and prioritization process, ensuring the pipeline of new work is maintained and aligns with the business strategy. Collating weekly departmental 5.15 reports, summarizing the status of all projects and programs operating across technology.Running the department communication function – working with senior technology managers to build and support internal and external communication plans.Provide expertise to translate the technology team’s ideas, plans and updates into executive level presentation and communications.Recruiting and maintaining an appropriately sized team of analysts, administrators and communication managers to support the needs of the PMO and the departmental programs and projects. Supporting, coaching and developing your team.Other duties as assigned
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Director of PMO Technology is responsible for control, monitoring and administrating a diverse range of programs and projects across technology in support of the D2C roadmap and other technology enterprises. This position will report to the Vice President of Technology Delivery, and as a new capability will be responsible for building and staffing the Program Management Office function for Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a significant plus; relevant project or program management qualification.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a change delivery role, including 3+ years of demonstrable experience governing a portfolio of programs and projects.
• Previous experience delivering several challenging projects or programs.
• Demonstrable experience managing technology change within digital/OTT sector. Good understanding of the global media landscape, and technology’s influence in this.
• An excellent understanding of program and project management methodologies and techniques, including a very strong financial acumen and headcount and capital forecasting.
• Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization.
• Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate global teams and plus.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
• Strong political acumen, able to tailor style and approach to influence teams and individuals to gain the commitment and performance required to deliver on our promises.
• Attention to detail whilst being able to operate pragmatically – maintaining control and order in a constantly evolving environment.
• Highly collaborative, able to build mutually beneficial relationships with delivery teams.
• Comfortable with uncertainty, but with the drive to establish order and structure.
• Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.