Director, QA & Trials, Peacock, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Owning the technology strategy for quality assurance, ensuring that we have processes and teams in place to assure quality across our engineering teams.Focused on integration and end-to-end, work with Comcast’s global technology teams and local NBC engineering teams to ensure a coherent and robust approach that assures quality to our customers.Building a dedicated end-to-end and trials QA team to support this strategy as required, to act as the ultimate gatekeeper to the customer quality of experience.Ensure test objectives and scenarios are continually evolved to reflect the areas of greatest risk and product focus to ensure resourcing is used efficiency.Own the strategy for trials for the product, ensuring that new features are appropriately tested in the real World (through internal teams, staff and wider public beta) before being widely deployed.Establishing feedback, analytics and reporting capabilities to present trial outputs – collating input from trialists & other data sources to provide a holistic view of trial outcomes.Establish processes for triaging trialist feedback, ensuring trial feedback is routed to the right teams for actioning.Put in place the right tooling and processes across QA and trials, including looking for opportunities to leverage automation to drive efficiency.
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
Delivering a great customer experience is at the heart of our proposition, and ensuring we have a high quality, robust and performant product is critical to achieving this. The QA and Trials director is accountable for ensuring the end-to-end quality of the D2C consumer app, ensuring that the appropriate level of testing and trials have been completed before releasing new capabilities to our customers. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy for end-to-end QA and trials, and ensuring this strategy is consistently executed, by QA teams across the organization as well as their own. Reporting to the Vice President of Technology Delivery, they will work closely with QA and trial teams across the Comcast Group, sharing knowledge, experience and tooling and ensuring a robust and efficient approach to quality assurance.
• Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, background in technology or engineering a plus.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in software quality assurance, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
• Expert knowledge of testing methodologies and best practice, and defining test strategy for broad initiatives; experience working with remotely located engineering and QA teams a plus.
• Demonstrable experience with agile delivery methodology, test tools and defect management.
• Experience conducting trial or beta programs within a leading-edge consumer focused organization, ideally within the media industry.
• Knowledge of automation testing and tooling, and experience of utilizing this at scale.
• Proven experience of constructing internal and external communications to a high standard.
• Knowledge of survey tools and best practices.
• Analytic and reporting experience – using source data to drive KPI reporting and support clear exec level narratives.
• People management skills, including recruitment.
• Competent user of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
• Passionate about testing and quality, never settling for the status quo – continuously looking for ways to improve and drive efficiencies.
• Strong collaborative skills – able to engage with stakeholders at varying levels within the organization.
• Excellent understanding of the product delivery lifecycle, and how software is designed and launched.
• Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.